Saturday, September 23, 2006

Guest Blogger

Today's guest blogger is Edgar Allan Poe, from "Never Bet the Devil Your Head".

Mr. Dammit lay particularly still, and I concluded that his feelings had been hurt, and that he stood in need of my assistance. I hurried up to him and found that he had received what might be termed a serious injury. The truth is, he had been deprived of his head, which after a close search I could not find anywhere; - so I determined to take him home, and send for the homœopathics. [...] He did not long survive his terrible loss. The homœopathics did not give him little enough physic, and what little they did give him he hesitated to take. So in the end he grew worse, and at length died, a lesson to all riotous livers. I bedewed his grave with my tears, worked a bar sinister on his family escutcheon, and, for the general expenses of his funeral, sent in my very moderate bill to the transcendentalists.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny guest. BTW what homeopathic ingredient would be called for? Bleeding Brain (peach schnapps, Baileys & grenadine)?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.