Sunday, October 22, 2006

Guest Blogger

Today's guest blogger is William Shakespeare, from King Lear Act One, Scene 2:

Edmund: This is the excellent foppery of the world: that when we are sick in fortune - often the surfeit of our own behaviour - we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars, as if we were villains by neccesity, fools by heavenly compulsion, knaves, thieves and treacherers by spherical predominance, drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforced obedience of planetary influence, and all that we are evil in by a divine thrusting on. An admirable evasion of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish disposition to the charge of stars! My father compounded with my mother under the Dragon's tail and my nativity was under Ursa Major, so that it follows I am rough and lecherous. Futt! I should have been that I am had the maidenliest star of the firmament twinkled on my bastardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.